Let us answer some questions for you.

Do I have a claim?

You likely have a claim if you have insurance and if your home or building has flooded.

How can we help?

We’re flood lawyers. We understand flood law and have experience
representing clients in some of the most devastating flood disasters
in the United States. We have first-hand knowledge of what it’s like to
lose everything, so we know how to fight flood insurance companies
to help you repair your home. Receive a FREE CASE REVIEW today
by one of our experienced attorneys.

Do I still have a case if I have already moved into a new home?

Even if you have moved into a new home, your flood insurance
company still owes you for any underpayment related to the policy on
your old house. However, if you have moved it might affect how we
handle your case.

Does the check also get written to my mortgage company?

If you have a mortgage, your mortgage company will also be on the

How long does the process take?

Every claim is different, but we will start the process immediately and
send one of our expert adjusters to your home. We don’t get paid until
you get paid, so we are incentivized to go as fast as possible and get
you the most money possible.

What is your success rate?

In other flood events, we have been very successful in helping
homeowners recover new money.

How much do you charge?

If we don’t get an additional $10,000 in new money then we work for free.
For every $10,000 or more we recover in new money, you get 70% and
your legal team gets 30%. NO questions asked. NO extra costs. NO
hidden fees. Just a flat percentage. We do not get anything that you
recover before you hire us.

What happens if I don’t have flood insurance?

Unfortunately we are only able to help homeowners with flood insurance
at this time. However, there are a variety of resources available to you
even if you do not have flood insurance. FEMA maintains a website
with many useful links, including more information on assistance and
housing. You can also contact your elected officials to find out more
options. Information regarding Louisiana’s congressional delegation
can be found at www.house.gov.

Will my insurance premiums go up if I take more money?

Probably not! Most flood insurance policies are underwritten by the
federal government’s National Flood Insurance Program (“NFIP”). If
your policy is underwritten by the NFIP, then the federal government
sets your policy rates and premiums. The official NFIP website provides
a breakdown of typical policy premiums and coverage amounts.

How much is my claim worth?

For example, if the building (or “structural”) portion of your residential
flood insurance policy has the maximum limit of $250,000, you would
be entitled to that full amount as long as you prove that your flood
damage to your building is $250,000 or more. However, you could
never receive more than your limit of $250,000.

This is where having our experienced flood adjusters and flood attorneys
will help provide you with the highest value for your claim. Our
experienced flood team is able to find the areas of your flood claim that
were underpaid.

For example, if the structural portion of your residential flood insurance
policy has a maximum limit of $250,000, then you could not receive
more than that amount from your flood insurer for structural damage.
If you could prove that your structural flood losses equal $250,000 or
even that your losses are more than that amount, then you could be
entitled to the full policy limit.

How much additional money am I entitled to?

It depends on a variety of factors, but our goal is to help you maximize
the amount of money you are entitled to if you have a claim.

If I already received money, can I still get more money from my flood insurance?

MOST LIKELY! If you’ve signed and returned your original Proof of
Loss, you absolutely may still be entitled to additional funds. Our team
can quickly review your case for free. Contact us for more information.

Do you handle contents coverage?

We do not typically handle contents coverage. However, we do help
with contents coverage on a case-by-case basis. Contact us to see if
you qualify.

What Is a Proof of Loss Form?

A Proof of Loss form is an official document. You, the policyholder,
MUST submit a Proof of Loss to your flood insurance company by the
relevant deadline. In the form, you officially declare how much money
you are requesting for your home’s damage. You must sign the form,
swear it is accurate, and include details and documents necessary to
back up the amount of money you are claiming.

What is the current deadline for submitting my Proof of Loss form?

We are pleased to announce that the Proof of Loss deadline has been
extended to September 1, 2017!

When should I file my Proof of Loss form?

As soon as possible. Do not wait until the deadline. Figuring out
the actual deadline can depend on a number of factors, including
when your property was first damaged. Also, different courts could
disagree on how to determine the deadline. Delaying is a gamble.
Don’t risk losing out by waiting.

What happens if I do not submit my Proof of Loss form?

In most cases, if you do not submit your Proof of Loss form on time
you could lose your chance to get the additional money your flood insurance
company owes you.

How do you document my damage?

One of our expert flood adjusters will come to your home, meet with you, learn about your loss, and work to maximize your flood insurance recovery.