Casey C. Dereus
Casey joined Pandit Law as an associate in 2016. Although Casey is interested in many areas of the law, she focuses her practice on:
- consumer class actions, especially those involving transportation issues (including ride-sharing and car rental companies that overcharge their clients);
- energy law (including land and water disputes involving fracking and oil and gas operations);
- the enforceability of arbitration clauses;
- construction law; and
- personal injury cases, especially those involving ride-sharing services like Uber and rental car companies (such as Budget and U-Haul).
Casey graduated from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law in 2016. While at Loyola, Casey served as the Managing Print Editor (2015-2016) of the Loyola Law Review. She was also named a William L. Crowe Scholar and earned Law Excellence Awards in Moot Court, Conflict of Laws, Constitutional Criminal Procedure, and Torts II. Prior to obtaining her law degree, Casey earned her M.A. in French Studies from Tulane University (2012) and her B.A. from the College of William and Mary (2010) where she double-majored in French and Government. She also received the U.S. State Department’s Benjamin A. Gilman Award to pursue Russian language study in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Association of Women Attorneys, Member
- Louisiana Association for Justice, Member
- Louisiana State Bar