Tina Crawford White
Tina White’s practice focuses on construction law, commercial litigation and governmental and business advice. She has over twenty years of experience advising clients and litigating cases on a wide range of matters, including construction disputes, construction transactions, contract disputes, business torts, unfair trade practice claims, governmental matters and general business advices. She has also represented clients in nationwide class actions and product liability disputes.
*Formerly Tina Crawford Santopadre
In the field of construction law, Tina has represented Owners (both public and private), Contractors and Designers, and has advised those clients on a wide range of construction law issues. She has litigated construction disputes, and has resolved them through alternative dispute resolution. She has negotiated and drafted numerous construction agreements. She has drafted public bid documents and cooperative endeavor agreements, and has litigated public bid disputes.
Tina also has broad experience representing governmental entities, in matters ranging from governance to mission fulfillment to dispute resolution. She regularly advises her clients—both government and private–on business matters and assists them with avoiding disputes in the first instance.
Prior to beginning her private legal practice, Tina clerked for the Honorable Walter F. Marcus, Jr., Supreme Court of Louisiana Justice.
Before attending law school law, Tina practiced for five years as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with an international public accounting firm. While there, she gained an in-depth and working knowledge of the intricacies of business operations by performing audits as well as due diligence in connection with mergers and acquisitions. In 1987, Tina received the Award of Excellence for earning the highest grade on CPA examination in the State of Louisiana.
Tina earned her law degree magna cum laude from Tulane University Law School in 1994. In recognition of her outstanding academic achievements, she was invited to join the Tulane Law Review in 1992 and served as its Articles Editor from 1993-1994. Upon graduation, Tina was inducted into the Order of the Coif.
Tina is dedicated to public service, both in the community and in the Bar. She currently serves on the Finance Council of her parish church community, and formerly served on its Rebuilding Finance Council following its complete destruction by Hurricane Katrina. She served as Chair of the Young Leadership Council’s (YLC) Neighborhood Renaissance Partnership Committee, which was dedicated to improving the quality of neighborhoods in the New Orleans area. During her watch, that committee renovated several homes under the Rebuilding Together (formerly Christmas in October) program. In 2002, the YLC honored Tina with its Volunteer of the Year Award.
Over the course of her career, Tina has been honored with several Bar leadership positions. She currently is a member of the Board of Directors of the Louisiana Bar Foundation (LBF). She also serves on the LBF’s Grants Committee, and is Chair of the Legal Services Subcommittee of the Grants Committee. Tina formerly served as Chair of the LBF’s Judicial Liaison Committee, Chair of the LBF’s Orleans Community Partnership Panel, Chair of the Louisiana State Bar Association’s Community Action Committee, and Vice-Chair of the New Orleans Bar Association’s Approach the Bench Program. Under her leadership, that program was honored with the Service to the Bar Award. Tina also serves as Vice-Chair of the Louisiana State Bar Association’s Antitrust and Trade Regulation Section.
- American Bar Association – Forum on Construction Law Member; Public Contract Law Member; Governmental and Public Sector Division; Litigation Section Member; Antitrust Law Section Member
- Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Foundation – Board of Directors; Fellow; Grants Committee Member; Legal Service Corporations Subcommittee Chair
- Louisiana State Bar Association – Antitrust and Trade Regulation Section Vice Chair; Fidelity, Surety and Construction Law Section Member; Community Action Committee Member
- New Orleans Bar Association – Construction Law Committee Member; Women in the Profession Committee Member
- Association of Women Attorneys Member
- Our Lady of Lourdes Church – Finance Council
- Martindale-Hubbell – AV Rated
- Louisiana Bar Foundation – Board of Directors
- New Orleans magazine “Top Lawyer” 2009
- Young Leadership Council Volunteer of the Year Award, 2002
- Tulane Law Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude
- Tulane Law Review, Member and Articles Editor
- Order of the Coif
- Award of Excellence, CPA Exam, 1987
- Loyola University BBA, Cum Laude